Most of these are weather.gov (NWS).
- Climate Prediction Center — 6-10 & 8.14 day outlooks, plus 1-3 month outlooks
- College of DuPage Meteorology
- Current Northern Lights
- Dark Sky (was forecast.io)
- Davis WeatherLink — Private stations online; choose from the main map, or view some local stations below.
- John Dee (located in the Keweenaw Peninsula)
- NWS - weather.gov
- Antrim County, MI
- Benzie County, MI
- Copper Harbor, MI — Mobile ver.
- Elk Rapids, MI — Mobile ver.
- Frankfort, MI — Mobile ver.
- Houghton, MI — Mobile ver.
- Leelanau County, MI
- Traverse City Airport — Mobile ver.
- Snowfall Totals:
- Lower Michigan
- Upper Michigan:
- Sun & Moon Rise & Set Times
- The Weather Network
- Watches, Warnings or Advisories for Michigan
- Weather Spark Historical Data
- Duluth, MN, Radar – Loop
- Gaylord, MI, Radar – Loop
- Great Lakes Radar – Loop
- Green Bay, WI, Radar – Loop
- Marquette, MI, Radar – Loop
- Milwaukee, WI, Radar – Loop
- National Radar – Loop
- Aviation Forecast, Traverse City, MI — With the exception of forecast.weather.gov below, this is more realistic than the others that tend to be high.
- Earth Wind Map — Very cool; zoom out & rotate to your favorite spot.
- forecast.weather.gov — Hourly forecast graph
- Google Wind Map
- Great Lakes Coastal Forecasting System (GLCFS)
- Isobars/Jet Stream
- Jet Stream
- MagicSeaWeed — Slide your cursor across the stripe pattern. Beaufort scale at right >>
- National Buoy Data Center — Specfic links below under "Water" heading,
- Weather Underground, Marine Forecast — Click an area on the map for details
- Wind Maps:
- GLERL: Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory (NOAA)
- Grand Traverse Public Beach Water Quality Monitoring — E-coli levels have been much higher & more frequent since recent construction near the Acme Creek watershed. Coincidence?
- Great Lakes Observing System
- National Buoy Data Center
- Mobile Access — Text only; no graphics.
- Eastern Great Lakes Buoy Center
- Western Great Lakes Buoy Center
- Lake Michigan:
- Station 45002 — Halfway between North Manitou & Washington Islands
- Station BSBM4 — Big Sable Point, MI
- Station 45077 — North of Chicago, IL
- Station LDTM4 — 9087023 — Ludington, MI
- Station GTLM4 — Grand Traverse Light, MI
- Station 45020 — Grand Traverse Bay Observing System Station 1.
- Station 45021 — Grand Traverse Bay Observing System Station 2 -- Hasn't been online for a while...
- Station 45002 — Little Traverse Bay, Petoskey
- Lake Superior:
- Station 45023 — North Entry of Portage Canal, west side of Keweenaw
- Station PCLM4 — West side of Keweenaw, slightly NW of Station 45023
- Station KP59 — Copper Harbor
- Station STDM4 — Stannard Rock lighthouse
- Station GTRM4 — Superior Grand Traverse Bay, east side of Keweenaw
- Station 45025 — South Entry of Portage Canal, east side of Keweenaw
- Station 45006 — W. Superior, 48NM North of Ironwood, MI
- Station 45001 — Mid-Superior, 60NM N-NE of Hancock
- Station GTRM4 — Grand Traverse Bay (E. side of Keweenaw
- Lake Michigan:
- Great Lakes Wind & Wave Maps
- Michigan Graphical Conditions/Forecasts — Includes wind direction & speed
- NWS Marine Forecasts
- Water Temperatures:
The advertising & informational value for real-time weather conditions is invaluable, when they work! A few of these are great, some are OK, and some should just as well be taken down.
- BoatNerd.com webcam list
- Earthcam's list of Michigan webcams
- LakeArts.com webcam list
- Northern Lower Michigan, Lake Michigan:
- 9&10 News Skycams – Seem to be broken more often than not. Hey 9&10; if you're not going to keep them working, take them down!
- Empire Beach Cam – One of the nicest additions to the webcam list. Kudos! No controls, but they've either timed views to catch sunsets, or somebody internally is enjoying it.
- Frankfort — Harbor Lights Resort — Two cams, one Lake MI & Frankfort breakers, the other a few marina docks. Lake MI came was broken for a while, but now seems to be back. Thank you, Harbor Lights Resort!
- Glen Lake (Narnia) — Single images
- Grand Haven — Nice view. They seem to always have wind - lots of kiters.
- Grand Traverse Yacht Club (West Bay) — Limited view, but sometimes helpful to determine conditions.
- Ludington — Snyder Shore Inn; better view of breakers than Ludington News.
- Manistee — Decent view.
- Michigan Dawn Patrol's list of webcams
- Muskegon — Good view.
- Spyglass Hill, Holland — Relatively closeup view of lighthouse & breakers.
- St. Joseph — Nice view.
- Torch Lake — Dewitt Marine's marina
- Torch Lake — Dockside Restaurant w/ westward view of Torch Lake.
- Traverse City – Great Lakes Maritime Academy — Larger view w/o controls — Slow to respond, but my receive a replacement over the winter, hopefully running by spring 2019.
- Traverse City Chamber of Commerce — Why? Poor single image quality and kinda useless.
- UpNorthLive webcam at NMC's Great Lakes Campus — No controls; might be pointed anywhere, often at US-31/Front St.
- The Webcam Network, Michigan
- Upper Michigan:
- WXNation's webcam list
- Clear Sky Chart
- Climate Reanalyzer — Univ. of Maine
- Google Maps, NW lower MI
- Google Maps Lite
- Great Lakes Nautical Charts
- Interactive viewer — Download PDF's at the right of page.
- How much warmer was your city in 2016?
- ISS position
- Light Pollution Map
- MarineTraffic.com — Their app's worth it!
- Michigan rivers water flow (AmericanWhitewater.org)
- MIDrive Interactive Map
- Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis):
- Pollen Count — Traverse City, MI
- Reference Guide to Michigan Boating Laws
- SpaceWeather.com — Aurora info.: K-Index (Kp) > 5 (7=best); Interplanetary Magnectic Field (Bz) = aligned south = nT south
- USCG Boater Safety
- USCG Great Lakes Lights List (.pdf)
- USCG Navigation Rules, International-Inland (.pdf)
- Dark Sky > TC
- Empire Beach Cam
- NMC Maritime Academy webcam -- Slow, but good. East Bay really needs a webcam.
- NOAA/NWS > TC
- Radar > Gaylord
- Radar > Great Lakes
- West Grand Traverse Bay buoy -- Offline??? Nice, when it works. Doesn't get installed until mid- to late-July....Sure wish we had something reliable in both E. & W. Grand Traverse Bays...
- WindFinder > TC
- Windy.com > TC